Litecoin (LTC) Hits Market Cap of $2.69 Billion
Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded down 0.6% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 15:00 PM ET on June 29th. One Litecoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $41.38 or 0.00452754 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges. Litecoin has a market capitalization of $2.69 billion and $1.42 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last week, Litecoin has traded 6% lower against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded up 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.26 or 0.00013762 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0023 or 0.00000025 BTC.
- Advanced Internet Blocks (AIB) traded 18.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0054 or 0.00000059 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 4.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0065 or 0.00000071 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0655 or 0.00000717 BTC.
- NEXT (NET) traded 3.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.60 or 0.00006605 BTC.
- XeniosCoin (XNC) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00003437 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.32 or 0.00003464 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0406 or 0.00000445 BTC.
- TTC Protocol (TTC) traded down 5.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0992 or 0.00001073 BTC.
Litecoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. It was first traded on October 8th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 64,920,396 coins. The official website for Litecoin is litecoin.org. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Litecoin’s official message board is litecointalk.io.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team. The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support. In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second. “
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: . Investors seeking to trade Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Gemini, GDAX or Changelly.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.
|CryptoCurrency||USD||Change 1h||Change 24h||Change 7d|
|Bitcoin||0.99 %||0.73 %||0.05 %|
|Ethereum||1.30 %||0.90 %||0.42 %|
|Tether||0.03 %||0.05 %||0.13 %|
|XRP||1.12 %||1.42 %||1.86 %|
|Bitcoin Cash||1.13 %||0.85 %||2.89 %|
|Cardano||1.81 %||0.64 %||23.03 %|
|Bitcoin SV||0.94 %||0.89 %||7.44 %|
|Litecoin||1.30 %||1.65 %||2.48 %|
|EOS||1.19 %||2.03 %||0.19 %|
|Binance Coin||1.05 %||0.92 %||1.39 %|
|Crypto.com Coin||1.07 %||2.45 %||12.03 %|
|ChainLink||1.27 %||0.27 %||3.06 %|
|Tezos||0.81 %||2.08 %||5.41 %|
|Stellar||1.19 %||0.47 %||1.76 %|
|OKB||0.85 %||0.68 %||3.61 %|
|LEO Token||0.84 %||0.35 %||1.52 %|
|Monero||1.41 %||2.17 %||1.09 %|
|TRON||0.46 %||0.31 %||6.43 %|
|USD Coin||0.32 %||0.36 %||0.24 %|
|Huobi Token||0.61 %||0.91 %||1.84 %|