Notorious 'Neo Nazi' wanted for robbery found dead in Anfield
A man dubbed “one of Denmark’s most violent Nazis” ended up dead in Anfield.
Morten Baldur Karrebæk Pust was a fugitive wanted by police following the brutal attack in which a 25-year-old had her mouth taped up and was struck over the head with an axe handle.
Pust was sought by detectives over the incident on New Year’s Day 2020 in Hvidore, near the Danish capital, and several appeals were sent out to find him.
Now it has emerged the extreme right-winger, described as dangerous by police, fled to the UK as he was hunted.
And Pust ended up in Anfield where he was eventually found by Merseyside Police.
The heavily-tattooed fugitive had taken his own life in an address on Breck Road.
A verdict of suicide was recorded last week at the city’s coroners court in Kirkdale.
He died on September 19 last year.
Pust was said to be one of a gang who stormed the home in Holmelundsvej, pushing the terrified woman into her apartment when she answered a ring at the doorbell.
Get a Liverpool Echo newsletter today
The Liverpool Echo sends newsletters on a wide range of topics – including our daily news bulletin, now going out three times a day.
There are others on what’s on, politics, court news, Knowsley, Wirral, and arts & culture, as well as both Liverpool FC and Everton FC.
Signing up is free and it only takes a minute for you to get the biggest stories, sent straight to your inbox.
How to sign up for an Echo Email Update
2) Put your email in the box where indicated
3) Tick as many boxes as you like, for each newsletter you want.
4) Press Save changes and that’s it!
One man held her and tied duct tape to her mouth, while another walked around the apartment.
An axe was found by police close to where one of the thugs was arrested
Last summer two men, aged 34 and 21, were jailed for their part in the robbery and attack, with one of them being deported.
After their conviction, Copenhagen West Region Police issued appeals to find Pust.
In a circulated description, they told how the suspect had a symbol tattooed under his left eye and has a larger tattoo in green and red on his neck below the chin.
Since the incident media in Denmark have widely reported on Pust’s background, who was embroiled in violence from an early age.
Enter your postcode below to find the latest covid figures where you live:
He was said to have deliberately attacked an 11-year-old boy of another ethnic origin and left-wing research group Redox described him as “one of Denmark’s most violent Nazis.”
After news of his death spread in Denmark, some fans of the football team Brondby managed to sneak in a banner into the Covid-hit and empty stadium behind the goal which stated: “Rest in peace Baldur.”
It was reported how the club’s manager quickly became aware of the flag and its implications and demanded its removal.
Danish media has tracked his upbringing and told how Pust was kicked out of school for setting fire to the boys’ toilet in an attempt to burn down the school.
He was also linked to a Molotov cocktail assault on a kiosk in 1994 and later got involved in the Danish Nazi scene.
One media report featured a recollection from a source, who said: “He was very threatening.
Mental health and suicide support
Helplines and support groups
The following are helplines and support networks for people to talk to, mostly listed on the NHS Choices website
- Samaritans (116 123) operates a 24-hour service available every day of the year. If you prefer to write down how you’re feeling, or if you’re worried about being overheard on the phone, you can email Samaritans at [email protected].
- Childline (0800 1111) runs a helpline for children and young people in the UK. Calls are free and the number won’t show up on your phone bill.
- PAPYRUS (0800 068 41 41) is an organisation supporting teenagers and young adults who are feeling suicidal.
- Mind (0300 123 3393) is a charity providing advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
- Students Against Depression is a website for students who are depressed, have a low mood or are having suicidal thoughts.
- Bullying UK is a website for both children and adults affected by bullying.
Amparo provides emotional and practical support for anyone who has been affected by a suicide. This includes dealing with police and coroners; helping with media enquiries; preparing for and attending an inquest and helping to access other, appropriate, local support services. Call 0330 088 9255 or visit www.amparo.org.uk for more details.
- Hub of Hope is the UK’s most comprehensive national mental health support database. Download the free app, visit hubofhope.co.uk or text HOPE to 85258 to find relevant services near you.
- Young Persons Advisory Service – Providing mental health and emotional wellbeing services for Liverpool’s children, young people and families. tel: 0151 707 1025 email: [email protected]
- Paul’s Place – providing free counselling and group sessions to anyone living in Merseyside who has lost a family member or friend to suicide. Tel: 0151 226 0696 or email: [email protected]
“He was really intimidating with a completely wild expression in his eyes.”
They added: “I was very scared of him.”
Papers at Liverpool Coroner’s Court listed Pust as a tattoo artist by occupation and observers in Denmark spoke of him earning a living in Hell’s Angels-owned tattoo parlours.
He also became part of Brondby’s right-wing football following.
Pust, it was reported, was part of the small Nazi skinhead scene in the Copenhagen districts of Folehaven and Sydhavnen.
He is said to have been a lead singer in Denmark’s first Nazi band, Chamber 88, which played at a number of concerts before the millennium.
|CryptoCurrency||USD||Change 1h||Change 24h||Change 7d|
|Bitcoin||0.02 %||0.16 %||4.85 %|
|Ethereum||0.14 %||0.54 %||6.59 %|
|Binance Coin||0.77 %||8.81 %||56.67 %|
|XRP||1.19 %||7.14 %||136.37 %|
|Tether||0.37 %||0.25 %||0.04 %|
|Polkadot||0.35 %||0.89 %||1.00 %|
|Cardano||0.87 %||4.08 %||8.38 %|
|Litecoin||0.46 %||1.64 %||27.80 %|
|Uniswap||0.78 %||2.08 %||2.70 %|
|Chainlink||1.05 %||7.57 %||16.41 %|
|Stellar||1.39 %||10.49 %||47.21 %|
|Bitcoin Cash||0.35 %||1.05 %||27.63 %|
|Theta Network||0.81 %||2.21 %||9.40 %|
|Filecoin||0.09 %||0.67 %||0.21 %|
|USD Coin||0.03 %||0.08 %||0.54 %|
|Dogecoin||1.25 %||16.41 %||32.69 %|
|VeChain||2.52 %||0.07 %||61.82 %|
|TRON||0.34 %||1.85 %||20.33 %|
|Wrapped Bitcoin||0.08 %||0.22 %||4.87 %|
|Solana||1.69 %||3.84 %||24.81 %|