Ethereum Classic Reaches 24 Hour Trading Volume of $3.76 Billion (ETC)
Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded 1.1% higher against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 7:00 AM E.T. on June 9th. Ethereum Classic has a total market cap of $6.57 billion and approximately $3.76 billion worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded down 16.3% against the US dollar. One Ethereum Classic coin can currently be bought for $56.49 or 0.00162929 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2,510.59 or 0.07241548 BTC.
- Super Zero Protocol (SERO) traded up 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.23 or 0.00000670 BTC.
- Callisto Network (CLO) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0158 or 0.00000046 BTC.
- Etho Protocol (ETHO) traded up 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00000497 BTC.
- Ether Zero (ETZ) traded down 5.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0030 or 0.00000009 BTC.
- Ellaism (ELLA) traded 5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0021 or 0.00000006 BTC.
- Elementrem (ELE) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0010 or 0.00000006 BTC.
- Bitcoiin (B2G) traded 5.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Akroma (AKA) traded up 5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0007 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Money Plant Token (MPT) traded 0% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0008 or 0.00000002 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Profile
Ethereum Classic (ETC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. It was first traded on July 30th, 2015. Ethereum Classic’s total supply is 116,313,299 coins. The Reddit community for Ethereum Classic is /r/EthereumClassic and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Ethereum Classic’s official Twitter account is @eth_classic and its Facebook page is accessible here. Ethereum Classic’s official message board is forum.ethereumclassic.org. The official website for Ethereum Classic is ethereumclassic.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic. “
Buying and Selling Ethereum Classic
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum Classic directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum Classic should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Ethereum Classic using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.
|CryptoCurrency||USD||Change 1h||Change 24h||Change 7d|
|Bitcoin||0.44 %||4.28 %||0.85 %|
|Ethereum||0.23 %||4.72 %||8.41 %|
|Tether||---||0.23 %||0.32 %|
|Binance Coin||0.94 %||2.57 %||1.82 %|
|Cardano||0.31 %||3.53 %||5.43 %|
|Dogecoin||1.74 %||5.04 %||10.95 %|
|XRP||0.78 %||3.52 %||6.23 %|
|USD Coin||0.01 %||0.07 %||0.06 %|
|Polkadot||0.55 %||7.97 %||5.42 %|
|Bitcoin Cash||0.18 %||4.63 %||3.22 %|
|Uniswap||1.50 %||6.52 %||11.45 %|
|Litecoin||0.02 %||4.36 %||3.23 %|
|Solana||1.40 %||7.72 %||10.36 %|
|Chainlink||0.54 %||7.10 %||4.72 %|
|Binance USD||0.01 %||0.03 %||0.04 %|
|Theta Network||0.25 %||0.58 %||5.15 %|
|Polygon||2.04 %||8.80 %||1.13 %|
|Stellar||0.23 %||4.52 %||9.25 %|
|Wrapped Bitcoin||0.60 %||4.15 %||1.59 %|
|Internet Computer||1.07 %||6.86 %||23.48 %|